Complete guide to choosing the best microphone of the moment
We are pleased to bring you this buying guide to help you choose the right mic you need. Whether you want to start streaming or want to improve your current streaming setup , this article is for you. Beginner, amateur or pro, you will find advice, tips and good plans. We will also offer you quality products at all prices. A good read.
Microphone for streaming: follow the guide to find the best
If you are a streaming enthusiast and want to improve the audio quality of your videos, it is important to choose the right microphone. The market is full of products, but how do you know which is the best mic for your situation? In this article, we are going to give you some tips for choosing the best microphone for your streaming. Zoom on the best microphones to delight the ears of your community!
Our pick of the 3 best microphones for streaming
Here are some microphones we recommend for streaming:
The different types of microphones for streaming
There are several types of microphones for streaming, each with their pros and cons. Here is a brief overview of the different types of microphones:
- Condenser Microphones : These microphones are often the most expensive, but offer exceptional audio quality. They are generally recommended for professionals or people who want higher audio quality.
- Dynamic microphones : These microphones are more affordable than condenser microphones and are ideal for live recordings. They are frequently used for concerts or radio broadcasts.
- Microphone for ASMR : if you want to do ASMR during your live, you must have a very sensitive microphone that perfectly reproduces the sound. The sound reproduced must be binaural, that is to say, if you hear the sound on the left or on the right depending on where you emit the sound.
- USB Microphones : These microphones connect directly to your computer via a USB port. They are very easy to use and suitable for beginners. However, they have some drawbacks such as the processing time of your PC, the possibility of interference or the need to use specific software.
- An XLR microphone is a type of microphone that uses an XLR connector to transmit audio signal. XLR microphones are often used in professional audio applications because they are able to transmit high quality audio signals over long distances without interference.
The XLR connection
An XLR connector is a type of electrical connector commonly used in professional audio and video equipment. This is a three-pin connector that is typically used to connect microphones, balanced audio signals, and other types of audio equipment.
The USB connection
Connecting a microphone to a computer via the USB port lets you use the microphone for a variety of purposes, such as recording audio, streaming video, or making phone calls. However, using a USB microphone has some limitations.
Micro USB or XLR?
In conclusion, whether to use a USB microphone or an XLR microphone depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you need high-quality, real-time audio with minimal latency, an XLR microphone may be a better choice. However, if you are looking for a convenient microphone that is easy to use with a computer, a USB microphone might be a good option.
Our recommendations for an XLR microphone: Mixer, external sound card and XLR cable
TOP 10 best microphone for gaming and streaming
Factors to consider when choosing a microphone for streaming
There are several factors to consider when choosing a mic for streaming. Here are some things to consider:
- Audio quality: Of course, audio quality is one of the most important factors when choosing a microphone for streaming. You want clear, crisp audio so your audience can hear you properly.
- Connectivity: You want a mic that easily connects to your computer or streaming console. Make sure the mic you choose is compatible with your hardware.
- Polarization: Polarization refers to the direction in which the microphone picks up sound. Cardioid microphones are sensitive to sound from the front and back, while omnidirectional microphones are sensitive to sound from all directions. Be sure to choose a microphone that suits your recording environment.
- The connection: you must also ensure that the microphone is compatible with your computer and your streaming software. If you are using a desktop computer, you may need a preamp or audio converter to use certain microphones depending on whether they are USB or XLR.
- Design: The design of the microphone can also be an important factor. You want a mic that’s comfortable to use and has a good grip. Plus, a professional-looking mic can add a bit of credibility to your streaming setup.
- The price: finally, the price is also a factor to be taken into account. You want a mic that offers good value for money. Fortunately, there are plenty of affordable options that offer excellent audio quality.
How to configure your microphone for streaming?
Once you’ve chosen your mic, it’s important to set it up correctly to get the best audio quality possible. Here are some tips for setting up your mic for streaming:
- Place your microphone about 6 to 12 cm from your mouth. This will allow you to get clear and precise sound without too much background noise.
- Set your mic gain correctly. If you speak too loudly, you risk causing distortion. If you speak too softly, your audience will not hear you. Adjust the gain so your voice sounds clear and audible without distortion.
- Use a pop filter to avoid hissing noises. Pop filters are cheap accessories that go in front of the microphone to prevent hissing noises when you speak.
- Use an anti-reflection screen to avoid echoes. Anti-reflection shields sit behind the mic to prevent unwanted echoes in your recording.
Best interface for Micro
Console and preamp of the Elgato brand ideal and perfect to start managing your audios like a real sound engineer:
The best Twitch streaming microphones
Selection of the best microphones to manage your lives on Twitch like a pro:
The best cheap streaming microphones
Our selection of the best microphones at low prices if you want to start streaming:
Choosing the right mic for streaming can seem daunting, especially if you’re a beginner and want to get started. This guide is here to help and guide you in finding the best mic to get you started in your business. Follow our advice, keep your needs in mind and you are sure to find the gear you need!